Since Ellie was born three minutes prior to midnight the boys didn't get to see her until the following day. When they made it in they were full of excitement and enthusiasm. Liam presented Ellie with a toy from his collection and then kept patting me on the back and telling me "Well Done, Mommy! Well Done!" We did finally trace this quote back to its original source "Willow". Ian kept assuring me how cute she was. Miles announced repeatedly that this was HIS little sister.
Of course every boy wanted a chance to hold her. Ian couldn't believe how little and cute she was.
Liam kept making me promise to take good care of her and to keep her safe so that I could bring her home. He also reassured her when she started to cry that it was okay, she would get to go to Utah too.
Miles was very enamoured of finally being older and bigger than someone else in the family. He adored his little sister and had to have kissed her a hundred times during their short hospital visit.
Eventually even Maga got a turn to hold her but not without protests from her older brothers!
I wish I could be there to see the little gal! But also so I can hear all the hilarious things those boys say in person.
ReplyDeleteThat was seriously the best.
ReplyDelete