Thursday, February 5, 2015

Family Bowling Night



Liam came home from school after an award ceremony with a medal and certificate for his achievement in math. Not only  was he extremely pleased with himself, but he kept singing "Pomp and Circumstance" style music so I could understand how truly magnificent was his award ceremony. Naturally, I couldn't be more proud...


The following day, as soon as Matt came home from work, we decided to take our boys bowling. We haven't been since we lived at Fort Belvoir. Strange, because we really do like to bowl, but we just haven't gotten around to it. The three boys were extremely excited. In fact they were so excited we had to repeatedly stop them from chasing their bowling ball down the alley to the pins...especially Miles. 

Luckily the bowling alley boasted a dinosaur looking ball ramp which made it a lot easier for our kids to bowl. Naturally it also had bumper pads which kept our kids from getting too many gutter balls. We invested in some soda and nachos which ensured a successful night.


Ian and Liam were pretty content to use the lighter balls and push it down the ramps.


Miles insisted on using a fourteen pound ball. He would stagger across the floor refusing any help from us, put his own ball on the ramp and shove it down.


Apparently he knew what he was doing...that 106 was Miles.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you adults were bowling without bumpers, because a double digit score with bumpers is just plain embarrassing. I mean, that's how bad I bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like to use bumpers since I belong to the klutz club.

    ReplyDelete