This year Liam opted to take choir at his Jr. High, Centennial Jr. High. They had their first concert today. I didn't think Liam would want to go to the concert, but in fact he was extremely gung-ho. I was hard put to keep Liam from running to the gym for his concert. He went and sat with the other kids who were all really great. When he'd get up to go they'd remind him to sit. If he started making funny noises they'd remind him to hush (nicely). They were fantastic. Being an experienced parent I took Ian, Miles and especially Ellie to the back. Cyndie and Heather came along as well which was wonderful as Matt couldn't make it.
Liam's deep love of choir became apparent as they song a lumber jack song and The Monster Mash. He was having a wonderful time. He didn't do the actions exactly right, he was guaranteed to move the opposite direction of everyone else, but he sang his heart out.
Ellie was an unholy terror. My decision to sit in the back proved, once again, very wise. The concert went great and I was so proud of Liam. Then at the very end we had a Liam moment. As several people went up to the microphone Liam eyed them with interested. When they finished, Liam too went up to the microphone. As I began a frantic pushing job to stop him I kept thinking surely someone will stop him, they must know he does not have an important announcement to make. They did not. He also had nothing important to see. He began rambling about "scientist school" "dinosaurs" and "paleontologists". I snagged him quickly and the concert was over. I really was so proud of Liam. To successfully participate in a group choral event that involved large crowds. My heart was bursting. I was so delighted with how inclusive choir and the choir director were for my boy. What a wonderful evening.
He sang so beautifully. I was very proud of him.
ReplyDeleteI loved that.
I love you Liam.
ReplyDelete