Sunday, October 22, 2017

Day 3: Hitting the Beach Homeward Bound


On the day we drove home we opted to go the Newport Municipal Beach. The kids had a great time. Ellie first stepped onto the sand and immediately grinned. She couldn't get over the feeling between her toes and her fingers. 


The boys made a mad dash for the water. Matt and I had to keep a close hand an eye on them as the waves were fairly large and the pull of the water was strong. I managed to rescue Ian's flip flops and Miles hat from the ocean, but Ian's hat got lost at sea. 


Miles and Ian played it safe enough with not going to deep. We repeatedly had to send Matt out to force Liam back closer to shore. 


We spent an hour at the beach getting salt encrusted, sandy, and deliriously happy. 


Towards the end of our hour I noticed Ellie's teeth were chattering (the water was cold) and she was looking a little blue. Her solution was to repeatedly swathe herself in sand. My solution was to hose her off and put her in a flannel nightgown. 



The road trip home went fairly well. The boys listened obsessively to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on CD. Matt isn't a huge fan of books on tape, but the boys devoured it. While the story played fighting did not occur. The second the CD stopped the fighting started. 




When we hit some of the middle of nowhere southern Utah towns traffic came to a stop. Apparently some genius decided UEA weekend was a great time to close off one lane of the two lane freeway and it added two hours to our return time. Later on an apology was printed in KSL that agreed the timing was very poor.



 I was so tired by the time I crawled into bed that night, but school for the kids and Matt loomed the next day and we all had to get up in the morning. What a wonderful adventure we had. We will definitely have to repeat Disney when Ellie is no longer two. 



2 comments:

  1. I love you so much. I am so grateful that you had this exciting opportunity with your family.

    ReplyDelete