Saturday, October 21, 2017

Day 2: At California Adventure!


The next day we opted to go to California Adventure. Though this was a fun park it was not at all comparable to the main Disneyland and was really only worth about half of a day. The first ride we went on was a grizzly bear rapids water ride. Matt went with the boys while Ellie and I ate string cheese and window shopped the adorable woodland animals wrapped in baby blankets. Next was the Monsters Inc. Ride. The best part of this ride was at the end Roz the slug lady started saying things like "Young man in the third row! Where's your paperwork!" The boys thought this was uproarious. The kids were less then thrilled to go to Bugs Life Land. Not only did Ellie scream non stop if I wasn't holding her, but all of the rides were baby rides. 


After riding a few Ellie friendly rides we went to yet another Ellie ride, The Little Mermaid. Ellie LOVED this ride. At the end she asked, "Where is the Mermaid?" I told her the mermaid was now a pretty princess. Ellie's full face pout showed as she said, "No! She needs to be a mermaid." I hastily back tracked and told her she was still a mermaid. She didn't look convinced. 


While everyone else took a bathroom break Miles and Ellie got a chance to meet Nic from Zootopia. Ellie kept showing him her baby giraffe. Once I told her that her turn was over she threw a huge fit and tried to chuck Spot at Nic... She was a tired girl. Next we went to the Toy Story Mania ride. This ride was another big hit with the kids. They loved the arcade fell to the game. 


Due to a pressing take home test that Matt still needed to do, the eighty degree weather and the fact that Ellie was acting like a banshee we went back to the hotel for a break. We ordered Pizza, hung out, and watched movies on Matt's tablet. 


After our break we went back to California Adventure. By now it was dark and the temperature was much more pleasant. I took the three boys on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride. This used to be the tower of terror and the ride mechanics remained the same just more hilarious. The whole wait in Liam kept telling me, "I have an idea; I wait here mommy". I made him come on anyway. Miles was terrified. Ian sat on the end, followed by Liam, myself, and the Miles. Miles spent the entire time with his arms glued around me neck so terror stricken he could not speak. Liam wept with fear. Ian screamed with delight. I guess Ian is my kind of kid. I have to admit I found the ride absolutely terrifying. When I dropped I felt like I might never stop. 


At the end of the ride we got off. Ian, "Can we go again?" Miles stated that he would go again but only when he was older..."You know like seventeen.". Liam told me I was a "bad mommy" and "never again. never. never. never". Everytime he saw the towering building through out the park he announced again that he was never doing it again. We ran over and did the grizzly bear rapids ride again. This time I went with the boys. We got soaked and the kids started to get a little chilly since the sun was down. We managed to catch some of the Disneyland firework show as we headed over to get a snack. Everyone got a little cookie. Matt had some ice cream. Liam bought a slinky dog and a t-shirt. Ian got a weird spinning Buzz Light-year toy and a t-shirt. Santa may have bought another cute animal toy for Ellie for Christmas. Our last ride was the Cars ride. It was fabulous and one of the favorite rides of this park. We headed home exhausted, but delighted with our wonderful vacation. 

2 comments:

  1. So you're a bad mom who has traumatized her children at Disney?
    Meh...they're young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all your sacrifices paid off.

    ReplyDelete