Sunday, October 29, 2017

Fall Fun!


This year we had a lot pumpkins. This was a nice change. Last year I tried to buy pumpkins a few days prior to Halloween and there none available to buy. This year a planted some pumpkin plants that produced about six healthy pumpkins. Liam secretly and unintentionally planted a lot of pumpkin seeds in our compost pile last year. This year this one grew all across the side yard and up over a forsythia plant. This one produced about twenty pumpkins. The kids had plenty to carve. 


The boys all dug in very enthusiastically. Ellie was even more so. She kept climbing on the table to get into her pumpkin. She kept sticking her hand in just so she could announce "Ewww gross!" and then stirring the insides with a spoon. 


I got a small pumpkin carving kit that have the small serrated edged blades that are much safer than a large knife. This allowed all the boys a chance to do the actual carving on their pumpkins. I have to say that they were extremely creative. 


After carving a TON of pumpkins we placed them all back on the porch. It looked pretty phenomenal especially when we put candles in and lit them in the dark. 


While pumpkins were still being carved the younger three kids took turns playing in a pile of leaves that Matt raked up. 


Miles, Ellie, and Ian kept taking turns getting buried in the leaves and then giggling madly as they demanded that I look for the missing child...I was super surprised every single time. 


It was lovely just to spend time together playing together and enjoying the gorgeous fall weather. 


1 comment: