Normally when Liam talks about his birthday it usually involves going somewhere like the Dinosaur Museum or Chuck-E-Cheese. Friends are never a consideration. This year out of nowhere Liam explained that he wanted a birthday party. He wanted a long list of friends (mostly from church) invited. He wanted a water fight with water balloons. He wanted a round white cake with pink trim, a blue heart, and red writing that says Happy Birthday Liam. He wanted a list of snacks that was several pages long (and hand written by him). He wanted a red team and a blue team. He wanted the girls on the blue team and to wear pointed hats. He wanted a boys red team that wore top hats. He wanted to hit a horse with a bat (I finally figured out that he meant a pinata). I don't think I need to say that I absolutely had to give him his dream party minus the hats, the girls vs. boys idea, and a huge decrease in the amount of food provided to party guests.
We definitely had a water fight with a blue and a red team. I had over two hundred water balloons. Those teen boys managed to go through them in record time.
We had a large number of cute deacons from our ward come and some awesome cousins as well.
Liam couldn't stop smiling. The boys and girls who came were all very good-natured about the whole thing.
We did have a "no water" zone for food, presents, adults, and young children who did not want to get wet.
The teenagers were all thrilled with the copious amounts of food and soda. They all really enjoyed the pinata.
You will note that Liam did have his round white cake with pink trim, his name written in red, and a blue heart. My mom also brought a large chocolate Costco cake for those who do not appreciate vanilla. Funnily enough a lot of the kids wanted vanilla. Strange right? I ate lots of chocolate cake.
When it came time to open presents Liam was very enthusiastic. He would tear the present open and shout "next one!". I did try to teach him manners and make him so thank you with each present. I was not very successful. Liam had a fantastic day. His birthday party was what he wanted. I was so deeply touched by all the neighborhood support from those wonderful young men who cared enough to come to Liam's birthday party. Happy thirteenth birthday to my wonderful not so little anymore guy.


That was the best Liam Birthday party ever!!!!
ReplyDelete