Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Last Trip To The Zoo For the Year


We had one final zoo trip before our pass expired. I wanted to see the new baby animals. We braved the heat and the crowds and headed off to the zoo one last time. (Not forever but for a while).



Ellie loves the zoo. Every animal is a baby and if she really wants them to come over she begins rapidly clicking her tongue (this is how you call animals to you). The new playground was built and I have to admit it was pretty awesome. I look forward to next year when we renew our pass since I, too, love the zoo.



The lion cubs were collapsed in a mass of fur and looked mostly dead (I assume sleeping). The kids were not impressed, but I liked them. I also loved the baby giraffe. The whole zoo has so many fun things to see and do and is a far stretch from the inhumane cells that they had in my childhood.



Naturally where there is a statue...a child must pose and will beg for a picture to be taken.



We had a great time at the zoo and will take a break, but I look forward to returning as my first love will always be my furry friends.  (We now have an aquarium pass. We plan to alternate between the two.)


1 comment:

  1. Okay runner up to Thanksgiving Point is definitely Hogle Zoo.

    ReplyDelete