Today was a big day. Ian finally got baptized. After turning 8 in February the next baptism time was in March when both my parents would be out of town. We opted to wait. Then we moved. Then the next available was May. Ian went around telling people in our new ward, "My name is Ian, I'm eight, and my parents won't let me get baptized". Ian can tell this to people no longer.
We got Ian to the stake center no problem. I did accidentally leave Miles at the house, but luckily my dad picked him up...so we all made it eventually. Ian shared his baptism with one other child. So it was much more personal and nice. Since Ian got to pick out whoever he wanted for half of the program we ended up with his 8 year old cousin, Grace, as the chorister, Maga as the opening prayer, Me as the talk on the Holy Ghost and Book of Mormon stories as the closing song.
As Ian walked into the water he began a nervous and entertaining monologue. "ohhh this water is warm, this isn't so bad, this feels pretty nice...etc...". The spirit was so strong as my little guy was baptized and then set apart by his father. It was so beautiful.
We had a little lunch shindig at the pavilion behind the stake center for all the wonderful family members who had come to support Ian. Then we went down to Thanksgiving Point for the rest of the day. We went out for dinner. Ian decided against any soda. When I asked him why he told me, "Because it has all that bad sugar in it, and I'm trying to choose the right." It's hard to argue with that adorable logic. He drank water with his dinner. Since his baptism Ian has been trying harder then ever to do what is right. I'm so proud of my beautiful little boy!
For a moment I thought Ian was going to preach about caffeine, but the sugar thing is adorable!
ReplyDeleteIan was so handsome and so happy. I love him so very much. What a beautiful family you have.
ReplyDeleteI might have to give up Mt Dew. Yikes.