In a moment of insanity fueled by Christmas madness, I decided to make gingerbread men from scratch. Undoubtedly you will ask yourself why? There are plenty of kits that make this easy. I could buy graham crackers and pretend it was gingerbread. I have only one answer: I don't know. The results were delicious, but for the amount of labor involved I got a limited number of ginger bread men. Prior to baking I took the boys to the store and let them pick out whatever candy they wanted to decorate gingerbread men/houses with. If you see some bizarre candy on these; now you'll know why. Each of the kids got to decorate some gingerbread men and then we attempted to build a house. Ian decorated his with great care for buttons, and hands, and a mouth (see if you can guess which candy is supposed to be which body part).
Ian's second one came complete with a top hat.
This was our attempt at a gingerbread house. It fell apart a lot.
Liam kept it simple.
Miles didn't bother decorating his...he just ate it.
Just as I had declared that this gingerbread was impossible to work with and no one could ever do anything with it...our family friend James Hoopes made a perfect nativity.
I was in charge of providing a primary program for our ward Christmas party. Ian made a very cute wiseman.
Liam was a very mischievous angel. The program was cute, in that there were children in costumes. They sang so quietly that all that could be heard was the piano, but the kids were cute.
When Santa Claus came Liam sat on his lap and told him to please bring him a blue imaginext apatosaurus. No problem, I had a feeling that "Santa" already had that one covered.
Ian got on Santa's lap and asked for a Godzilla wii game. This came out of no where. Prior to this he'd asked for Lego Batman wii game. I did explain to Ian that Santa required more than a weeks notice for presents, and that wii Godzilla was not something he would bring.
Miles sat on Santa's lap and screamed.
Miles is just like all the kids in A Christmas Story. AAAHHHH!!!
ReplyDeleteI tried hard to avoid sugar cookies for the same reason. My Grandma made the best sugar cookies that were fun to decorate and delicious to eat. As an adult I found chocolate was better and sugar cookies were tedious.
ReplyDelete