Once a year there is a military ball. Now if the ball was every single
member of the military in this area it would be impossible to fit us
into any building. Luckily each unit holds their own. This one was for
CRDAMC. I've never been able to go to one of these before. The first
year we were living in a hotel and in-processing. The second year Ian
spiked a fever of 103 right before we were going to leave, and last year
I was in the hospital after that exciting ureter re-implantation
surgery that was going to ultimately fail. This year we actually made
it. The theme was the '20s (1920's).
At the meet and greet we talked with a few people, but mostly we chatted by ourselves.
The food was very fancy. The ceremony and talks lasted for over three hours and then there was finally dancing. By this point I was tired and we just went home. I hope next year the talking is less and the dancing is more, but then again...this is the military.
Here is the itinerary for the night. Matt kind of choked on his sparkling cider when we toasted the President.
No comments:
Post a Comment