Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

 For me Valentine's Day is a kid holiday. It's all about turning shoe boxes into Valentine's boxes and watching your child write their name out twenty some times. This year Liam has been really into Scooby Doo  so we made his box into the Mystery Machine.
 Ian likes Scooby Doo too, but loves Angry Birds more. Naturally his box was transformed into a red angry bird (apparently the red one is the cool one). Liam faithfully wrote his name and all the names of his classmates on his Scooby Doo Valentines with very little help.
 Ian was supervised as he wrote out his name out on his Angry Bird valentines. Occasionally his name would get written "Nia" or "Ain" or once it got written "Nian" because he told me "I just like N's" but the majority were written legibly and correctly.
For whatever reason Ian's valentines came with a sheet of heart stickers which he thought were dumb. Miles didn't. Miles called them "stickies" and pretty soon we had a sticker war. You can see in Ian's picture that he was the victim of a couple sticker shots. Liam got pelted a few times and went into full retreat, but Miles willingly became the victim of about twenty heart "stickies"
 Just as a fun tidbit I wanted to share with everyone this link so you can see what cruise ship I was on about two weeks ago! PLEASE click on the link, I think you will be entertained.
This was the cruise ship I was on.

4 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to learn that yours was the last safe voyage on that ship. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so precious. Glad you made it off the ship [n one piece.

    ReplyDelete