Friday, February 22, 2013

Ian Turns Five!

 February 21, 2008 our little Ian was born. Preceded by an earthquake whose tremors shook my labor and delivery bed, Ian has since shown great skill at shaking up our little household. Thursday was his fifth birthday. I woke him up for school and wished him a happy birthday. I asked Ian how old he was and he responded, "four,". I corrected him, "No, today is your birthday, now you are five!". Ian responded by rolling his eyes and saying, "No, I'm not five until there are numbers on my cake." I stood corrected. I asked Ian what he wanted for breakfast and he told me he would like to eat Angry Birds. So, I made a piece of toast into an Angry Bird...look closely you'll see it.
 For his birthday Ian requested a home lunch for school. One of his friends at school always has a home lunch with chips, this has been an ambition of Ian's ever since. Faithfully I packed him a sandwich, chips, cookies, and juice. It was apparently the best lunch in the whole world. I'm glad he enjoyed it because it's back to school lunch for him after that. When Ian got home I took the whole crew over to the Commissary to pick out a cake. Ian, of course, picked an Angry Bird cake. Grandma Jamie called when we got home and Ian opened her present while she was on the phone. We had a false start because I couldn't remember which wrapped square was Grandma Jamie's present. Grandma Jamie sent Ian a camera for his birthday. This turned out to be the trump present.

  Every time I took his picture, Ian took mine at the same time. Ian took pictures of his dinner, his cake, of his brothers, the balloons, his feet, the dark, etc... Several hundred pictures later we fixed up dinner (breakfast for dinner, it's Ian's favorite). We had cake, of course, and Ian blew out one of the candles. Before Ian got a chance to blow out the other four, Liam had done it for him.




  Liam struggled a little with it being Ian's birthday. For some reason he was hoping that it was actually his birthday instead.  After cake and ice cream Matt and I sent a very weepy Miles to bed. As we walked out of the room, Miles fell asleep. We then gathered to open presents. Ian was thrilled with the presents that he got. He loved every gift more than the last, but it was his camera that he fell asleep snuggling. Happy Birthday my little earthquake.
 (Don't ask me what Liam was doing here, I suspect it was a silly chicken dance)
 (If you are sensing Ian has a favorite theme here you would be correct, Ian's deep love of both Star Wars and Angry Birds has met its perfect creation...Star Wars Angry Birds).
Look forward to another post on Sunday about Ian's friend party at Chuck E Cheese this Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite like a younger siblings birthday to break an older brother's heart. Looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww. Missing you all. Happy Birthday Ian. Happy unbirthday guys. Xoxoxo
    Love,
    Maga

    ReplyDelete