Sunday, October 26, 2025

Pumpkins, Polynesian, and Placement

Last Wednesday, we had a pumpkin carving activity at our house for the youth and activity day kids. We had about 17 kids show up and carve some pretty fabulous pumpkins. 
Ellie explained to me that her pumpkin was adorable, and it was drooling, NOT vomiting, as I initially assumed. 
On Friday, we went to the Metcalfe County High School haunted corn maze. They do it every year, and every year we go. This year, Ian managed to spring through the entire thing. We also got to enjoy Miles being actively chased by someone with a chainsaw. I didn't super love the kid in a glowing green mask that stood in front of me like a tree stump and would not get out of my way. I had to physically push them aside...
Also, on Friday, we got Flu and COVID vaccines. This resulted in Ian and Matt being horribly sick late that night and all of Saturday with fevers, aches, and pains. We hope this means we will be very immune to illness on our cruise!
On Saturday, Miles made school history as part of the marching band at Metcalfe County High School, which made it to state finals for the FIRST time in school history!
On Sunday, we had the missionaries over for dinner, and in honor of our Tongan Elder Vakalahi, I made some awesome Polynesian food. 
As seen here, we have some sapa sui, palusami, kalua pork, and talo in coconut. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment