For Miles birthday he wanted to go the aquarium. After looking at how much it would cost to take our family one time to the aquarium and the cost of a family membership; I opted for the membership.
We decided to surprise him by signing him up for a penguin encounter. I opted to be the included parent. We started out with a class about penguins. Then we moved in to a walk-in freezer style room and were given a bowl of fish.
The penguins were hungry this day and rushed in. They ate the fish in about five seconds flat. Once the fish were gone most of them left the room, but a few socialized ones hung out to play with the toys and have projectile poop.
The penguins were pretty cute and Miles had a great time. He now has a myriad of penguin facts he can spout off along with many other factoids that inhabit his knowledge filled brain. I have a feeling that one day Miles will excel at Trivia Pursuit and Jeopardy.
Towards the end Miles was more then ready to go as neither he nor I could feel our fingers or toes anymore.
As a special treat after his encounter Miles got a penguin decorated donut which he managed to devour in a record breaking amount of time.
The rest of Miles' siblings, father, and Grandma Jamie joined us after the encounter. We walked through some more of the aquarium and then headed home. Ian was distraught that he did not get a penguin encounter with Miles.
Miles opted to have pizza for dinner and a Moana cake for dessert. I'm not sure why he wanted a Moana cake, but he seemed to like it.
Here is what Miles had to say about his birthday: "I fed the penguins. I got a donut that looked like a penguin. Well I tried dropping a fish into the penguins mouth, but it turns out the penguins weren't able to get it, and I didn't want my fingers getting pecked at. The penguins ate it when I dropped it on the floor. It was fun to feed the penguins. Two of the penguins were named Una and Milo. And I remember that a penguin walked in his own poop! I learned that the type of penguin I was feeding was a Gentoo penguin. I got a rubics cube, an art kit, and a sock puppet kit. It was fun making the sock puppets."
No comments:
Post a Comment