Liam's art class had an art show at his Jr. High. I was pretty excited to go. Liam has really loved taking art this year. While Ian was at scouts I loaded the other three kids into the car and headed over (Matt had an evening class). Liam began enumerating all the things he would eat when we got to the Jr. High. I let him know the cafeteria was NOT going to be open and he couldn't eat there. Miles indignant and desperate asked, "Won't there be any food?" "Sure, there will be refreshments," I responded. "What are refreshments?" Miles asked. "You know treats" I let him know. Then Ellie pipes in loudly, "Oh dood (good) I'm starvin'!". It was epic.
Once we got to the art show it was fantastic. I had no idea there were so many talented kids. There artwork was great. I didn't get to look at all of it because my kids were raiding the cookie tray. Ellie was walking around with cookies in her hands that Miles kept trying to take bites of. Liam was running up and down the aisles looking for his art not noticing if he knocked other people's art over.
When he did find it, I couldn't help but feel a glow of pure happiness at Liam's accomplishments. His rainbow dinosaur looked fantastic. I'm so proud of my son!


No comments:
Post a Comment