Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 2017!


I believe my children woke up every hour, all night long, until they forced me out of bed around 7 AM. I'm pretty sure I banned them from waking me up. Since they didn't come into my room I guess I can't hold them accountable and yet their adorable excited "whispers" are louder than a cannon shot. They all seemed delighted with what Santa Claus brought them. Liam got a favorite show of his that he had been asking for, Dinosaurs of Patagonia. 


Ellie got a baby skunk wrapped in a blanket. She promptly named it "Flower" and carried it around with her everywhere; forcing me to re-wrap it in its blanket every five minutes. 


Ian had asked for, and got, a Sonic the Hedgehog stuffed animal. 


Miles had written (three days before Christmas) a little heart wrenching letter to Santa that went like this: "Dear Santa, I have been very good. I help my Mom. Can I please have a pet fish?". What could Santa do at that point? Miles got a pet beta fish. 


This Christmas was especially fun since all of the children are old enough to actually open up all their own presents, and to get excited about them. 


The best part about this Christmas, however, was that every kid got a suitcase. Inside that suitcase was a social story explaining that this September we were going a family cruise. Ian, Miles, and Ellie were excited. Liam was outraged. He spent all day bemoaning the fact that there was an airplane ride. Every person he saw he explained he was not getting on an airplane and he was staying here. 


We ended up having a semi-progressive dinner with appetizers at our house. This involved my family and Julie's family as well. It made for an interesting mix. The white elephant exchange at my parent's house was pretty entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment