This year Liam's Jr. High teachers decided the kids in his classroom should cook their own Thanksgiving feast. Parents donated a few items and the kids cooked and prepared a Thanksgiving dinner. Liam even took his chef's outfit into school (it was much admired).
Matt, Cyndie, and Ellie all came to join in the fun and admire Liam's handi-work. Liam was simply thrilled to see them and to be able to cook his own dinner in the school kitchen.
I cooked Thanksgiving this year, as I often do. I made sure there were plenty of low sugar type items available for those who like to avoid them. For those who would rather indulge I made two buttermilk pies and a four layer chocolate cake with fantastic chocolate fudge frosting.
We had Gary, Cyndie, and Heather over for Thanksgiving which is always fun.
In keeping with our family tradition everybody had to say what they were thankful for. Liam was thankful for random movies he likes to watch and quote.
Miles was thankful for a litany of adorable things like his family, his home, Pokemon, and Sonic the Hedge Hog.
Ian was thankful for his home, family, friends, and his pet chickens and rabbit.
Ellie was thankful for puppies and kitties.
Thanksgiving was lovely. The food was great. I didn't do dishes afterwards...life doesn't get much better than that. After eating Cyndie and Gary stayed behind and Matt and I took a walk with Ellie out to where the horses graze. It was perfect. We had an absurdly warm day (it was in the 60's) and the walk was gorgeous. Matt and I both expressed our gratitude for our children, home, the gospel and each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment