On a lovely Saturday evening we decided to take Liam to the temple for the first time to do Baptisms for the dead. We left the other children with Rob and headed up to the Bountiful Temple. Liam was so excited. Everyone there was so kind. Multiple Brothers and Sisters commented on how beautiful and touching it was to see Liam there and have him participate in these holy ordinances. I cried like a baby. I probably went through a box of Kleenexes from the overwhelming spiritual feelings, to deep gratitude that he was able to make, and from laughing at the silly things he did.
Some of my favorite Liam moments include him telling Matt after a few dunks in the water, "Okay Daddy that's enough now" he took the fact that there were still about ten more baptism to go very well. My absolute favorite moment was as Liam left the font and took a towel from a sweet Sister he handed her a quarter he had some how pocketed and told her to "keep the change". She was very touched and asked to keep the quarter which we, of course, assured her she could. I thought I would choke from laughing. I'm still not sure where he was hiding it. It was a wonderful experience and I am so grateful for the chance to take my oldest son to the temple.
That's beautiful
ReplyDelete