Saturday, April 15, 2017

Our First Easter Hunt at Our New Home!

 
This year I invited my family to do our traditional Easter Egg hunt in our backyard. My mom was gone to West Virginia, but lent me her large collection of plastic eggs and provided M&M's and jelly beans to put in the eggs. I gave Ellie all the really large eggs in the hopes that she would find it easy to find them.

 
Per our family tradition that child just older hides the younger ones eggs. That's always fairly entertaining.

 
By the time we got to Sarah and Kimball adults were hiding their eggs. Its been a long time since I've seen Dan and Becky scale trees, but as it turns out, teasing their children is a good motivator. They found some amazing hiding places for my older niece and nephew. I even helped hide one inside a log...

 
The kids had a great time. Who doesn't love Easter Eggs? We provided some fresh subs from Smiths and other sundries for lunch, and Julie brought some dessert to include home-made marshmallows.

 
The kids had a blast. Ellie especially enjoyed sitting down and repeatedly eating the contents of her eggs. Liam was all smiles as he searched for eggs. I believe Ian was one of the first to find all of his eggs. Miles was all over the place finding not just his eggs, but helping everyone else too.

 
Later that day we dyed Easter Eggs. This is always a little challenging; since I live in fear of spilled dye. Our simple solution was to remove the rug in the toy room and dye eggs there. The kids loved it.

 
I sadly didn't realize how few eggs I had to boil, but we made do and the kids didn't notice. It was a lovely day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment