Although Ellie's birthday is February 27, we celebrated a few days early on the 25th. Mostly because it is a Saturday. First thing in the morning we unveiled her kitchen. She was initially hesitant but soon dove right in with enthusiasm. We had a hard time getting her to eat breakfast.
Ian and I went to pick up her cake from Smith's while she was playing. While at Smith's Ian got two sample bakery cookies and saved them because he wanted to give them to Ellie for her birthday. When we got home, Ellie was in the midst of a tantrum because Miles was touching her kitchen. Ian came up with a big grin. He took out a play plate, put her cookies on it and offered it to her reassuring her that this would make her feel better. Ellie took one look, threw the cookies on the ground, and smacked Ian with the play plate "My Kitchen!!!" She shouted. Ian was heartbroken, Ellie got a time out, and before I'd turned around twice Miles had eaten both cookies.
After breakfast we went down to Thanksgiving Point to Farm Country where we met my parents. This is Ellie's favorite place to go. All the way down she was reciting a very accurate litany of all the animals she would see there.
They had some bunnies inside that they were selling. That kept her pretty busy until we had our stamps and stickers to head out to the farm.
Ellie loves the goats, sheep, llamas, and alpacas (yes she knows the word alpaca).
Her favorite thing to do is the pony ride. She was grinning ear to ear the whole time we circled in the freezing cold. As the pony ride ended and I pulled her off she began shouting, "oh no! My horse!" repeatedly.
Thank heavens she has big brothers and a Dad who cater to her every whim and took her to climb on a fake sheep, touch a pig's nose, and see the baby cow.
After Farm Country we went and grabbed lunch. Grandma Jamie and Pa called it a day, but we soldiered on to the Dinosaur museum.
I can't tell you exactly what Ellie did in the dinosaur museum; because I was to busy following Liam around, but she seemed to have a good time. I do know that when it was time to go home she adamantly wanted to stay.
That evening we had my parents and Matt's mom over for cake, ice cream and additional presents.
The Minnie Mouse cake was a big hit with Ellie. She tried pretty hard to blow out the candles, but I did help her a little in the end.
Thanks to generous Grandparents Ellie ended up with a large supply of play food, dress-up shoes/jewelry/purses, and her indulgent parents also got her a little scooter.
On Sunday when she put on her brand new dress, donned some new jewelry, jammed her new purse with little people animals...I thought I better grab a few pictures.
The best part is seeing the obvious mutual adoration between my princess and her Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment