Once Ian was 8 it was time to start cubscouts. Ian was so excited. We hope that he enjoys it more than his older less sociable older brother.
I decided to take Spring Break off this year and do a stay-cation with my little ones. Day one March 25th we went to Hill Air Force Museum.
Liam flat out refused to come, but the little boys and Ellie were very happy to go. Every single airplane and jet that we saw they asked if it was "real" and compared it in size to prior ones. Then they picked favorites.
I loved it when Ian and Miles stopped on the "bridge" to discuss the various pros, cons and what they thought the name of the airplane was. They were not interested in facts from adults, just speculation form imaginative children.
Ellie was forced to hang out in her stroller for the outside portion and for some of the inside. Eventually though the injustice of it all forced me to "Release the baby!".
I don't know why but every kid gets really excited about sitting in the fighter jet seat.
Which is why I have a picture of every kid.
Even Ellie who can't possibly pass up an opportunity to do exactly what her brother's do.
Our next Stay-cation day involved going to the planetarium and then to Build a Bear. I though this a good combo because a few years back Build a Bear and the planetarium were in the same Mall the Gateway. Apparently this is no longer the case. We enjoyed the planetarium although going without Matt and all four kids was mildly anxiety provoking for me.
The kids were up and down the stairs. Ellie especially only wanted to play on the stairs. Did I mention the one thousand stairs in that building?
I did make them take a picture on the moon because who wouldn't? After the planetarium we went to Build A Bear where Miles was allowed to have his first Build A Bear. He picked a Star Wars Bear and dressed it up in a Batman outfit. He loved it. The other boys were allowed to get one new outfit for their previously purchased animals. Ellie was banned from buying anything for a few more years. I still managed to spend a ridiculous amounts of money. There is a reason that I don't do this very often. They all had a great time though and that makes me glad!
No comments:
Post a Comment