Birthday's are always exciting, but this year Ian turned 8. He asked for a dinosaur cake and I had one of my co-workers make one. I think it turned out awesome. All year the only thing that Ian wanted to do for his birthday was to go laser tagging. It's something he has held onto from TX as a favorite activity. We went to Boondocks for his birthday. This meant that we did a couple activities. There were arcade games, laser tagging, and a squirt gun water boat game.
The boys were so excited to go laser tagging. We left little Ellie back at home with Grandma Jamie and Pa. Boondocks has a pretty fun laser tagging area. The boys constantly asking how much longer they had to wait in line + Me secretly thinking the same thing = ONE MILLION YEARS. We finally got in and had our turn to play. It was totally worth it. The boys were total spazzes and it was nice to be somewhere where that was okay.
After laser tagging the boys played at the arcade. Definitely an over priced arcade and I found myself fondly reminiscing on the previously despised Chuck-E-Cheese. Then Ian picked an out door game for our final event. It took place in a Utah February. It included circular inflatable style motorboats you could drive around on the pond on. This seemed all fun and lovely until I got in and was viciously cornered by a band of conniving little monsters (not related to me) who proceeded to soak me. Who thought it was a good idea to arm these boats with squirt guns in February?! And why wasn't I warned?! This happened repeatedly. I'd like to think I gave as good as I got, but it would be a horrendous lie. I was soaked and freezing by the end. I'm glad Ian had fun.
Ian got a few things in preparation for his baptism. He got a set of scriptures and a scripture bag and he got a new suit. There were of course the random assortment of things that he got that he was super excited about (crayons, a clipboard (he asked for it), and some toys). There is nothing I love more than birthdays for my children and I'm so glad I got to spend this day with my wonderful Ian, he is a light in my life and a sunshine for my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment