Monday, May 18, 2015

The Beetle's Coat


The first grade at Clear Creek Elementary put on a musical performance this year. The flyer simply stated those bare facts along with the date and time. I knew that it was about the Beetle's Coat. I knew the whole story, had heard most of the songs, and the glory of the coat Ian had made in art class ahead of time. This is because Ian told me these things...multiple times in great detail. By the time we went to see the performance starring Ian and his classmates I felt like it was almost a review, but since Ian was in it...it was adorable and I loved every second of it. Perhaps my favorite part was the way that every time Ian saw me pacing around with Ellie he would point me and her out to his friends. I could see him saying, "That's my mom and my baby sister!". Part of me loves that Ian hasn't learned to be embarrassed by me yet. I did love his beetle's coat that he put so much time and effort in to. Even better was how happy Ian was to have a special event that he was the sole family member in. He's such a handsome, loquacious, clever boy!


A few weeks ago we went out to take the Texas Traditional Blue Bonnet family picture. We took them ourselves which explains so much about how they turned out. The cute ones we sent out on Mother's Day Cards. The less then perfect ones got posted here. 


Above: Blinky, In Pain, Easily Distracted, and Surprised Baby


Ian mostly pulled off nice pictures.


Miles somehow managed to look like he was plotting to take over the world.



 Liam always acts like getting his picture taken is a sort of hideous torture.


2 months old and already Ellie is sticking her tongue out at the camera.


 Once again what is he plotting and planning?





Ahhh we managed to catch an almost "not in pain" expression on Liam's face.



The boys can't get enough of Ellie; they also cannot stop wiggling for this picture.


This is an adorable picture with several sets of closed eyes.



Things have been going pretty well for our family. We are moving in 29 days which although it is stressful (house repairs, moving preparation, road trip, clearing military etc...) we're pretty excited to come home. Matt took and passed his Registry Exam for Radiology Technicians which is a pretty big deal and will allow him to work as a Rad Tech in the civilian world if he so chooses. I have jumped all the hoops to change over my Texas RN license to a Utah license. I also have applied for several jobs, received several offers and chosen to work at Orchard Cove in Bountiful due to a good wage, awesome schedule, and the friends that I have that are already working there. Liam and Ian are doing well with piano and have started reading the music on their own. Miles is doing great with his academic progress and his teacher thinks that he will probably be reading by the end of the summer. As all his grandma's can attest to, Miles already writes his name very legibly. We can't wait for our next adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job, and thanks for sharing the cute photos! Can't wait to see ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miles writes everyone's name legibly. I love that Ian is a star just like his mother. I have heard different things about the job front so let me know. And those pictures are way better of Liam than the professional school photographs! !!! And Ellie looks angelic even if she sticks her tongue out at you.
    Can't wait to see you all.
    Love,
    Maga

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes Matthew, congratulations on the Registry Exam for Radiology Technicians. Awesome.
    Lisa let me know and congratulations to you sweetie. Love you very much you guys are going to have fun in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes Matthew, congratulations on the Registry Exam for Radiology Technicians. Awesome.
    Lisa let me know and congratulations to you sweetie. Love you very much you guys are going to have fun in Utah.

    ReplyDelete