Sunday, April 5, 2015

Eggstra Eggstra Read All About It: Sanderson's Last Easter In Texas


Having Cyndie leave and go back to Utah was a sad occasion for us all. We were especially sad that she wasn't going to be here for our Easter fun.

Of course our Easter fun included the dyeing of Easter Eggs the night before. This was a lot less messy then our previous year and therefore a lot easier for me. Ellie did not participate this year, but wisely spent her time napping on Matt.


That night we set out our new Easter baskets. This year I was excited to find someone online who makes these. The smaller yellow basket is the one from my childhood that my mother decorated for me. I have always wanted to be able to have these baskets for my children. I spent the last two weeks before having Ellie painting these so they would be ready in time. I have to say despite the fact that Ian and Miles bunnies look like they have mustaches, they turned out pretty cute.


The next morning the boys were thrilled to find such delightful things as bubble guns and candy in their baskets. They were surprisingly excited about the character beach towels, and tolerant of the personal hygiene items.


Naturally I got Ellie all dressed up for Easter. What's the fun in having a beautiful baby girl if you don't take every opportunity to dress her up?


The Easter egg hunt is always fun for the boys. We fill our eggs with fruit snacks and teddy grahams; since the Easter bunny always brings plenty of candy in their baskets.


All three boys dove right in to hunt down and find their eggs (20 eggs a piece). Our yard is small so hiding 60 Easter eggs is challenging for me. This results in the fact that finding them is not nearly as challenging for the kids, but they don't seem to mind.


Despite their being sixty eggs for three boys that doesn't stop it from becoming a free-for-all race for whoever can spot the eggs first.


The egg hunt is always their favorite thing about Easter. Next year we'll hopefully have a bigger yard which will enable us to make this a little harder for them.


The hardest part of the Easter egg hunt, for me, is getting all of them to stand still for a picture. I was sort of successful. Once again, Ellie took this time to take a nap on Matt. Maybe next year she'll be ready to hunt some eggs. The boys had a lovely Easter and we look forward to next years Easter in Utah with all their cousins!


4 comments:

  1. Cute baby, cute boys, and cute baskets: perfect Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have lots of fun with the egg hunt in our back yard next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sad to leave you all. I like to refer to my time with you guys as a fun boot camp. Just kidding kind of. ..I can't help noticing that in every picture my eyes are crossed no matter how much sleep I got. Nonetheless I bawled like a baby (not Ellie) most of the way home. XOXO Can't wait to see you in Utah! !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad to leave you all. I like to refer to my time with you guys as a fun boot camp. Just kidding kind of. ..I can't help noticing that in every picture my eyes are crossed no matter how much sleep I got. Nonetheless I bawled like a baby (not Ellie) most of the way home. XOXO Can't wait to see you in Utah! !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete