This year we enrolled Ian and Miles in a couple "College For Kids" courses. In June Miles took an art exploration class and Ian took a Manners class. Miles made foam sticker door hangers, spoon turkey, toilet paper roll turkey, finger painting artwork and more. He had four days of two hour art classes and although he found being left in a class room traumatic; he loved the art work he made. Ian's Manner class was a lot of fun. He made lots of art projects about sharing, saying please and thank you, and other good manners. By the end of his four day (two hour) class Ian was even opening doors for me. His last day he had a formal dinner event. He wore his suit, made a special laminated manners place-mat (that he still uses at home) and dined on...I'm not exactly sure. He did tell me there was a bread cake of some sort, and that he didn't like the apples, but whatever else there was he was uninterested in. Fairly typical of my semi anorexic child. They loved their classes. Next in July Ian will be taking a slippery, slimy science class, and Miles will be taking an Early learners class. I look forward to it!
I think you need to have one commenter who manages to misunderstand your post and your humor to the point where the idiocy almost has to be intentional. I am more than willing to fill that role, enjoy the following rant:
ReplyDeleteAnorexia is a very real disease that people DIE from. I think it is super inappropriate to make jokes about your child having such a horrendous condition. Why don't you just make a holocaust joke while you're at it because those two things are roughly comparable. I just can't believe that in the land of the free, America, people still are so terrible. It makes me want to wretch and weep and then blow up everything.
You're Welcome!
Who would have thought of a manners class. What a great idea. Sounds like a fun summer.
ReplyDeleteOh CLAIRE! !!! Why didn't I think of that?
ReplyDeleteCouldn't stop laughing. And I love the classes you signed the kids up for while Liam was at Camp. Awesome.