Sunday, April 20, 2014

Egg-cellent Easter

 On Saturday the kids and I sat down and dyed some Easter Eggs. Miles sat and stirred his one egg around the entire time.
 Ian moved rapidly from one egg to the next occasional multi-tasking by dying more than one egg at a time.
 Liam wanted to try every single egg technique "dyeing, painting, sponge painting, stickers, sparkler glue" the works. He also stopped occasionally to eat some of the boiled eggs (they're a favorite treat of his).
 I finally forced Miles to stop dyeing his egg; which made him cry. Eventually he calmed down and was very happy to have his very own dye coated egg.
 Ian kept sneaking back in to do "touch ups"
 Miles became so enamored of his egg that he carried it around in a measuring cup until, in his enthusiasm, he crushed it.
 The finished result was colorful, sparkly, messy and fabulous. We went out and did our Easter Egg hunt next. I didn't take any pictures because I filmed the hunt. It didn't take long since the our yard doesn't exactly have a lot of hiding places. It was really cute to see them running around frantically picking up eggs. When I pointed out that Miles didn't have many eggs, his brothers started helping him find some. "Look Miles, come get this one, it is for you!"
 I worked Easter night and when I came home bright and early in the morning I found Liam and Ian rummaging through the Easter baskets in the dark. I had them go wake up Miles who came running and thrilled. Each boy got a toy and of course chocolate. Ian got a new scooter, Liam an Imaginext pirate Ship, and Miles a Scooby Doo backpack with two Imaginext figures. These were some happy boys.

 The chocolate had to be taken away pretty quickly since I did want the kids to actually eat breakfast.
 We had a lovely Easter Dinner with both Chris Dingwall and James Hoopes over. Matt and I made an exciting center piece. We had ham and turkey much to the delight of our little carnivore Liam. Miles and Ian managed to choke it down because they wanted chocolate pie.  We had a lovely Easter.

1 comment: