Thursday, April 3, 2014

Our Little Soldier


April 2, 2014 another shooting occurred at Fort Hood. Last time this happened we were living down at Fort Sam Houston. This time round we had the "good" fortune to be in the Hood itself. By a series of strange coincidences Matt got home fifteen minutes early. Fifteen minutes later the whole post was put on lock down. We were not allowed to leave the house, were supposed to stay away from windows and keep the door locked. This went on for around four hours. Because the weather was nice we had to sit down and explain to the kids why they couldn't go outside. Miles kept trying to sneak outside. Liam cried and hid in his room terrified of the bad guy. Ian donned his ACU's got a gun and ran to the back yard. Liam began screaming, Miles chased after him. I called Ian back in and asked him what he was doing. I carefully explained that there was a bad guy out there and the police needed us to stay inside so that they could catch him. Ian looked at me with innocent eyes and told me, "but Mom I have my gun so I can go out and catch that bad guy". He was also planning to shoot on sight. I guess this makes sense. He was the one who announced a few years back that you should shoot strangers who come to the house. I was very proud of my little Ian for being brave and wanting to help.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. ...Oh Ian....I have a picture of Uncle Ian very much like your picture. You are adorable and beyond brave. Xoxo xoxo

    ReplyDelete