Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Cookie Decorating

We have some pretty great Halloween cookie cutters. Every year I search arduously for a sugar cookie recipe that isn't incredibly gross. This year in a fit of inspiration I Googled cookie cutter friendly cookie recipes. Pretty much I wanted to be able to use cookie cutters on ANYTHING other than nasty inedible sugar cookies. I found a recipe for something called a butter cookie. Turns out that much butter in anything is delicious. From here on out; butter cookies will be the only frosted holiday cookie I bake. Liam decorated a grand total of one cookie. It looked really good. He then threw it in the trash without eating it. Liam isn't a sweets kind of kid.
Ian reveled in the six different types of sprinkles I'd purchased and all the different colored frostings. His cookies looked semi-edible and extremely decorative. He happily ate all of his and asked for more every day until they were gone.
Heather was a good sport and helped the kids decorate their cookies while naturally decorating a few of her own.
Miles was by far the most enthusiastic about the cookie decorating. He loaded his cookie with frosting and sprinkles. He ate them without taking the time to breathe and started decorating all of Chris Dingwall's cookies and proceeded to eat all of those too.
I don't think I really need to add that I decorated and ate several as well. This year was the best year we've had for cookie decorating...butter cookie recipe is a new family holiday staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment