Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gnocchi, A Very Formal Superhero and Bathing With A Toad

As many of you know, getting some of our children to eat has become a Herculean task. Nothing thrills us more than our kids being willing to eat something or even better...liking it. Ian recently discovered a new love of gnocchi, a type of pasta made from potatoes very similar to a dumpling. He's asked for gnocchi several times each week. I'm thrilled.

The other day when I made Miles some toast I noticed he was wearing a spider-man costume. That was pretty cute, but then I noticed that even spider-man dresses for dinner. Miles had added a tie to his superhero costume.
It's funny how often little boys have similar tastes. All of my boys have absolutely loved superheros and above all else they idolize batman. This hero they love, although they know virtually nothing about him and have been exposed to no movies/tv shows about him. They just love him instinctively.  Each child has added an individual touch when it comes to dressing up like Batman. Miles has taken this to a whole new level of Chip N Dales dancer Batman. Laaaaaadies enjoy.

We have found several resident toads in our yard which is sort of awesome. Liam has been fascinated by them. One afternoon he asked to take a bath. Not thinking much of it Matt and I said that would be fine. When we went to check on him, we found him in a Luke-warm bath with a small diving board and slide set up for a toad. When asked what he was doing, he said he wanted flies and dirt too. Apparently he was making his own little swamp. This picture functions much like an eye spy. Can you find the toad in this picture?

1 comment:

  1. Like all puzzles I can't solve, I will quietly wait for someone else to find the toad, mention where it is, and pretend I knew where it was all along.

    ReplyDelete