Thursday, March 21, 2013

At The Hotel Metroplex




So Lisa checked back in to the Hotel Metroplex on Tuesday for round 2 of the same surgery. The whole experience had me saying ” Déjà vu “ as the same staff checked her in, the same surgeon performed the surgery, and the same nursing staff cared for her afterward. Our thanks to all those who have prayed and fasted, who have called to check on her, and who have actually come out to lend a hand in our time of need. Lisa has been particularly anxious this time around. Her anxiety would swing from a mild, “I hope this works” to the “Should I die, please remarry…” conversation.  I gave her my most melodramatic assurances, imitating what George II said to his dying wife, Queen Caroline of Ansbach, “I’ll never marry again, never, never. I shall only have mistresses.” Needless to say, it produced a lot of eye rolling and pillow throwing on her part.

The boys have taken everything fairly well—unless we visit the hospital. It always reminds them that mom isn’t home and produces the worst behavior afterward. So, my mom and I are doing our best to keep them busy until she comes home.  Poor Maga is pretty worn out, but they can’t seem to get enough of her; not even to let her sleep in.



The best way to keep kids from thinking too much is to keep them physically employed (something that holds true with adults as well.) Here is Liam on his scooter going around the track.



 Ian  has struggled the most with having mom at the hospital. Here he is with his panda and scooter going around the track too.





 And of course, we have Miles, insisting on his superman jacket and buzz light year sun glasses for when he goes riding his buzz light year motorized car.




All of us miss Lisa and are very anxious to have her home again from Metroplex.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever kids act out at school or nursery, I wonder what their little private battle is. They always do go a little crazy when the routine is disrupted, but it won't be long till Mommy is back home with them, even if she can't lift them.

    ReplyDelete