The last week and a half has been a trying time for our little family. On December 11th I under went some fairly major surgery. It came complete with an eight and a quarter inch incision, JP drain, week long catheter sojourn, a ureter stent, and a long stay at the hospital. Recovering from this surgery has been difficult and painful. Thanks to the generosity of others it has been much easier then it otherwise would have been. First and foremost my mother-in-law Cyndie came out for a week and took care of the kids. My wonderful mother got her a ticket in a sort of cooperative care for Lisa partnership. The kids loved having Magas out and have asked for her repeatedly to come back. Ian still mentions her nightly in his prayers and has somehow gotten the idea that she lives in an airplane. Our ward has also been very generous providing meals that will last quite some time. Since I have difficulty standing or even sitting fully upright for very long this has been a lovely boon. My sister, Laura, even sent us some pizza the other night, much to the unmitigated joy of my children.My father-in-law Rob sent a 9lb ham to us that looks delicious (Claire I will be calling it a "Who Beast"). Wonderful Matt put in for some emergency leave and will be home until the thirtieth of December, a necessity as I cannot drive a car or pick Miles up. Poor Matt has taken care of the kids, the house, the errands, and me. I look forward to one day feeling better than I have in the last eight years, but in the mean time I am daily thankful for my new best friends Norco and Ambien.
Lisa's Exciting Timeline
Dec 11- surgery
Dec 14- removed IV (I did it, not exactly with permission...) and started onto Oral meds
Dec 15- removed JP drain, discharged home that night
Dec 17-took out my catheter (I did this too, more or less with permission)
Dec 19-Sutures removed
Looking forward to
Jan 3- Stent removal (after this I should be on the recovery road to freedom)
Hopefully our next post will be a. about the kids, b. include pictures, c. be far more interesting, d. have fewer timelines and itemized lists
Uh, Lisa, the correct term is Roast Beast. When was the last time you watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas? You're confusing Who Hash and Roast Beast, c'mon!
ReplyDeleteThis too shall pass.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are on the mend, that sounds terrible!
ReplyDelete