Christmas is coming and that blog post is always massive. In a last minute attempt to cover any December gaps before Christmas I am posting this update blog.
Miles and Liam have developed a special relationship. The age difference of six and a half years has made it impossible for them to be rivals. Miles idolizes Liam and Liam considers Miles his own personal baby. The picture above was taken because Liam put Miles on the chair, lovingly gathered blankets, tucked Miles in, and brought him his favorite Woody doll. Miles loves Liam so much that if you ask him what his name is; he'll tell you it's Liam. Liam will tell you Miles' name is Toby (from Labyrinth Liam's latest favorite film).
Earlier in the month Ian was invited to a birthday party for a friend at school. It was a Chucky Cheese party much to Ian's delight and Liam's dismay. That morning Ian woke up with a totally swollen left eye. We assume it was a bug bite because it was gone, hopefully never to return, in a couple of days. He did look a little Quasimodo for the party. Ian and I have started a tradition. When he is invited to a party he gets to help wrap the present and then he decorates it with his favorite stickers. As you can see he did a fine job. Ian had a wonderful time at the party. Liam was eventually consoled with pizza, root beer, bread sticks, and a new hunting Wii game complete with rifle. It's hard to see a sibling go to a fun place like Chucky Cheese, but I tried to make our home party fun for Liam.
The weather has been very pleasant and warm. (Sorry Cyndie the exception was the first part of your visit here.) Overall its been in the high sixties with several forays into the high seventies. We even had a few days where it crept up to eighty. This is the time of year where we finally get to play outside. In the summer its just too freaking hot. Liam and Ian gathered some table cloths and made their empty sandbox into a fort.
Liam then placed some dinosaurs around the yard and put on his explorer vest and went hunting.
Miles mostly tried to escape out of the backyard, but I was a step ahead of him and had tied the back gate shut with some yarn (this was later replaced by Matt with more durable wire).
I mentioned previously that my sister Laura sent us some pizza since I've been less functional post surgery. Matt snapped a few pictures so you can see the obvious enjoyment of my boys.
Friday night we decided to go to see Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA) Christmas lights. It is one of the only Christmas activities available in the immediate area and has become a family tradition. Since it is a drive through style set up I was able to come as well (sitting in the car is still difficult but not as difficult as walking). Liam and Ian kept a running commentary on the entire light show that was fairly entertaining. This is Miles' first year that he could really see the lights. He was absolutely enthralled.
As we drove through all the giant light displays we passed through a section that had a light display for each of the twelve days of Christmas. Matt and I began singing the song. Ian and Liam started yelling that we needed to be quiet. Matt and I sang louder. Liam and Ian began singing the Smurf Song as loud as they could. Matt and I upped our volume to scream singing. Liam dropped out. Ian tried singing Frosty the Snowman over the top of us but couldn't remember the words. Miles began belatedly singing "La la la la la la" from the Smurfs. Matt and I held out the longest and finished the song. Parents won this round.
After sitting in the car and seeing lights we decided we were thirsty. So on the way home we stopped at Sonic to get some flavored lemonades and root beer. Liam and Ian each got their own, but Miles is too clumsy and little to be allowed to hold a cup in our car. Matt climbed out and shared a drink with him. I just got a kick out of seeing little Miles with a big cup.
P.S. only one of the hands holding that cup belong to Miles despite what it looks like.
The boys were pretty thrilled with how the evening turned out. The next day, Saturday, Matt took Liam and Ian to go see Santa Claus at the mall. The line was an hour long. Matt distracted the boys by telling them that Scrat was hiding in the Christmas tree. The boys spent an hour looking for him. When they got to Santa Claus they glazed out and had to be prompted to talk to him. Eventually Liam asked for a Gargamel and Azrael toy set and Ian asked for a Batman. I have a funny feeling that Santa anticipated these requests and their Christmas wishes will be fulfilled.
I love the nickname that Miles was given. Labyrinth was Lanis favorite for a while too. I hope you get better asap love you lots, and I hope those boys have the best Christmas!
ReplyDelete