Ellie's face says it all. Thanksgiving is here in all its edible glory.
This year we decided to keep Thanksgiving small and just have our immediate family. We pulled out our best china and our fancy table cloth and went to town. It was really fun to let the kids put only what they wanted on their plates and nothing else. This meant that while Liam and Ian stuck to potatoes, turkey and bread; Miles just had turkey. Ellie tried a little of everything, and by the end was completely coated in red Jell-O.
I hate shopping, I hate crowds, and I hate lines. As one might imagine I hate black Friday. This year I opted to try and see if by going to an entertainment outlet we could defeat black Friday. unfortunately everyone had finished up their shopping by the time we got to the aquarium and joined us there.
At least there was no shopping or lines; just crowds. This trip we opted to forgo the stroller and just leash Ellie. It was ideal. We were able to let her wander without losing her and we didn't have the hassle of the stroller. My little princess is growing up and soon I won't have a baby anymore!!!
Ellie's absolute favorite thing was to watch the ducks and birds. She really loves the aquarium as she loves all living things. Liam is a big fan of the Shark tank and the rope bridge, but overall just loves the aquarium.
All the boys took a turn on the rope bridges. Liam runs across, Miles attempts to climb out and over the ropes before finally trotting across, and Ian nervously creeps. In the end all of them make it.
Ellie waited on the other side to great her brother's with a big toothy grin as they crossed over to her side of the bridge. We had a lot of fun at the aquarium. Certainly it was a vast improvement over shopping. On the way home we stopped at Maga's house to ransack it for food before heading home. All around a great Thanksgiving weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment