We didn't think we would come back to Lagoon again. I wasn't such a huge fan of it last year, but apparently our kids were. They each used a full sticker chart (the earn 100 stickers through chores etc... before it is full) to barter for a Lagoon ticket. It was fairly warm out although not sweltering. We left Ellie with Grandma Jamie and Pa.
Liam and I went on the tower of terror. It was awesome! The drop was pretty epic. Liam grabbed my arm as we were going up and started screaming "Let me off mommy!" while laughing hysterical. By the end Liam and I were both very satisfied costumers.
All of us went on the Terror Ride together. It was pretty funny. Miles kept telling me "I'm not scared, I'm not scared, This isn't scary" in very dismissive tones, but when I got out of the ride to get off, he screamed "don't leave me!" and ran after me. Matt rode with Liam and he gripped Matt to death screaming and laughing the whole way.
We went on the train ride together which is always relaxing after all the other crazy rides.
Every line we got in ended up having a "mechanical" problem and our wait times were insane. We went on the log ride (yep all 5 of us on one log), and the snake river rapids three times. We brought swim suits so that after wards the kids could change into dry clothes. That was fairly awesome since the weather wasn't quite warm enough for us to want to air dry.
The best part of Lagoon to me is the Pioneer village. We had a good time going through their little bale of hay maze.
I really wanted to do the kid friendly haunted area when it opened at six. But about 5:45 PM Liam went into a total melt down because I wouldn't buy him a stuffed animal snake. So we ended up leaving instead. Bonus Liam didn't actually become aggressive. Bonus we'd been there since 11 already and were really tired. Con I missed the haunted area, but I guess I survived that okay too. Overall very fun, but if I can talk the kids out of it next year I will.
Sounds like you all put in a fun filled day even without the haunted area. Next year, right?
ReplyDeleteGreat memories and great pictures.