Maga treated us all to a zoo lunch once we got there (it is a 70 mile drive to the nearest zoo). The boys found this to be a novel treat. I was once again under-impressed by the fine quality of zoo food offerings, but enjoyed the enthusiasm of the kids.
We bravely brought Ellie along. I thought the zoo wouldn't be too crowded, it usually isn't. I didn't take into account that this Saturday was the kick off of Spring Break. The zoo was so crowded that they were diverting parking traffic to alternate parking areas. I spent a disproportionate amount of time trying to keep Ellie's stroller away from random coughing pedestrians.
Miles favorite part of the zoo? The aquarium. He loves the fish and especially loves the moray eel (aka the shrieking eel).
Oh, that's right I totally dressed Ian and Miles in matching shirts. If I could have found one big enough for Liam then all three boys would have been matching; because I'm that kind of mean mom.
Liam insisted on bringing to bags packed with dinosaur toys that he toted around the zoo. He took them out at strategic places to play with them. Ian particularly loves the snakes in the reptile houses (this would be my least favorite part of the zoo).
I can't say that Ellie enjoyed the zoo. She mostly slept, ate, and filled her diaper...for her I guess that is a good time. She looked adorable though.
The boys all had a great time and after several hours in which all adults were then grateful to leave, we headed back home.
When we got home we opened up Miles' presents. Apparently the "in" thing for the four year old group is Paw Patrol. Miles' got several of these toys and a movie which has been watched a distressing number of times.
We kept trying to get him to look up and say "cheese" while he opened presents. The best we could get was a painful stroke like expression.
Miles picked out a Despicable Me 2 style cake. We couldn't figure out why he wanted it so much (he likes the movie, but it isn't his favorite). Finally he explained to us that it was a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Up The Coconut Tree cake. Suddenly it all made sense. (This is his favorite book at preschool).
Miles did a fantastic job blowing out the candles. We even managed to prevent his brothers from helping out.
Miles enjoyed the cake...or at least the frosting portion. That's about all he ate on his cake.
Miles' birthday was a huge success. This was emphasized by the fact that he then asked everyday for the next week if he could have another birthday at the zoo. He was disheartened by the fact that he only gets one birthday a year.
And now for some random cute baby pictures. Dressing a girl is a lot of fun! My little Ellie makes these clothes extra adorable.
I can't believe Miles is FOUR! The last time I saw him he wasn't even potty trained yet! Let's see each other more often from now on.
ReplyDelete