Matt finally got our planetarium night light mounted up on the ceiling. It took some ingenuity and patience but is pretty cool. Ian couldn't be more thrilled that his room is the chosen room (Mostly because Liam has a nasty habit of pulling things and breaking them when angry.
When New Years Eve was actually upon us, I took the two oldest boys to the store. While there, they were each allowed to pick out a treat. They also felt it necessary to pick out a party hat. Ian took it upon himself to pick one out for Miles.
Sadly, as cute as it looked, whenever the hat fell off, Miles would scream. The hat fell off all the time. I spent a lot of New Years Eve regretting that I bought those hats. Per Liam's desperate request we bought and watched Ice Age 4. It was a hideous movie and thanks to exhaustion on my part and wandering children...I was the only one who saw the whole thing. I felt thoroughly punished.
I made this cross stitch (for the curious its about a 10x13) for Miles for Christmas. I'm pretty proud it only took me until New Years Eve to put it in a frame. From the front the frame looks fantastic. Don't look on the back its held together by tape and goodwill.
Naturally Matt and I toasted in the New Year....Somewhere around 10:30. Then, since we have small children that are early risers, we went to bed. The novelty of staying up till midnight wore off the day Liam was born.
Naturally on New Years Day itself, it's time to take a hunting exhibition. If you remember from previous blogs we got a hunting game. It's a big hit with Ian. Liam got him all dressed up, and Ian had to find a stool. He's a little short and has a hard time playing the game without something to stand on.
Another year has passed; I'm pretty sure I'm no wiser, definitely not any richer, but since I have my boys and Matt, I'm pretty happy.
Best New Year's Eve ever.
ReplyDeleteI sure love you guys. We All stayed up. Ariana was jumping around like hot jiffy pop. Lani was pretty excited too. But when I made them go to bed shortly after midnight Ari was furious and told me that I spoiled her party. Hahaha. She thought you got to stay up all night long. "What, you just celebrate the one second it turns midnight???? Then go to bed???" What a party pooper I have become.
ReplyDelete