I always love the things my kids bring home from school. The creativity of their teachers is always phenomenal and of course the kids are wonderfully proud of their creations. I, of course, am the proudest of them all. One of my favorite things Liam brought home this year was this Thanksgiving turkey with the things he was grateful for written on them. I noticed that although he wrote that he was grateful for: home, Mom, Dad, and God; he drew a picture of what he was really grateful for down by the turkey. That picture is of what Liam calls, "meat bones", and his favorite dietary staple.
The cutest thing that Ian brought home was this candy turkey. He carried it around with him all day Tuesday, and carefully hid it away so that Liam couldn't eat it. On Wednesday he got up extra early, requested I take some pictures of it, and then ate it. It was gone before Liam woke up, which I'm pretty sure was the point.
Ian spent the rest of the day claiming he had eaten some turkey.My kids have another great Thanksgiving past time which is dressing up as super heroes. My boys picked these costumes out themselves. I hope you note the underwear on the outside. Ian has pair of white underwear over his pajama pants that is sadly concealed under his t-shirt.
When it was time to start cooking, Matt found some enthusiastic assistants. He needed all the help he could get since I was still recovering from an operation done two days previous.
He made the boys peel the rosemary off the stem. This is not my favorite chore, but my boys seem to enjoy it. They also peeled the potatoes.
Thanksgiving was delicious thanks to Matt and the boys. At dinner we asked what everyone was thankful for. Liam announced with no prompting that he was grateful for God. He received so much praise for this that Ian and Miles were also grateful for God. Matt and I thought that was pretty cute. After our late lunch/early dinner Matt packed up the mountain of left over food and took it in to work for his co workers. He even stayed and worked the floor so that they could all eat together.
The next day we put up our Christmas decorations. All three of the boys were overpoweringly helpful and excited.
Don't get Liam wrong, he was THRILLED about the Christmas decorations just not about the picture. With stockings hung, tree up, Nativities out, Santa figures placed, and our assortment of books/DVDs all out we called it quits. Liam immediately went to watch A Christmas Story, a favorite of his. Liam even grabbed out his Nerf Shotgun so he and Ralphie could fight off the bad guys together. We are looking forward to a fabulous Christmas season.

Looks like lots of fun. Hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteLiam and I have that in common. We are both fans of A Christmas Story and would rather be watching that than posing for pictures. Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you have a fast recovery!
ReplyDeleteTheir costumes are always spot on! I love it! They are so creative. I'm happy your family had a nice Thanksgiving. I hope you get feeling better Lisa.
ReplyDeleteWe had no idea you were having surgery, hope everything went well and you are recovering quickly!
ReplyDeleteI love their outfits they somehow manage to find everything they need for a complete costume right around the house n entertain themselves with just around the house I love em soooo much n miss them n u guys so much I hope u feel better
ReplyDelete